What does Caregiver Support Group do?
In a Caregiver Support Group, Caregivers meet every monthly around the mutual experience of care-giving for a family member. Participants will learn about mindfulness, effective coping strategies, and helpful tips. Connect with other caregivers and get reassurance and support in a safe and friendly environment.
What are the Benefits of a Support Group?
• Brings together people who are going through or have gone through similar experiences.
• Engaging discussions about care-giving, wellness and stress management.
• Share personal experience, feelings and coping strategies.
• Participating helps feeling less lonely, isolated or judged. Reducing distress, depression, anxiety or fatigue
• Take-home resources related to the group’s needs
• Caregiver ( Non- Parents) caring for family members (<19)
• Experiencing challenges and struggles in their caregiver role
• Ability to attend monthly Groups