CORNERSTONE LANDING APPLICATION PROCESS
• Applications are being accepted on a first come, first serve basis as of Monday March 28th.
• Application forms will be available as of March 24th in 2-ways: On the cornerstone landing website www.cornerstonerentals.ca and hard copies available during office hours in the Community Services foyer (table by the elevators).
• Applications to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Any application sent in via email that is date stamped earlier then this date will not be considered.
• Applications MUST be complete, ensuring not to skip any sections
• People already on our ‘Interest List’ will be emailed the application information, community member agencies will also receive an email, a notice will be placed in the newspaper and Renting Now banners will be displayed on the building on Friday March 25th.
• If your application is selected by meeting all the qualifying criteria you will be contacted to book an appointment to bring in your additional documents and tour the style of suite that you are applying for.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Only some units will be permitted pets – the building has a 40% pet ownership rate and only 1-dog or 1-cat per unit is permitted. Once we reach the 40% pet occupancy we will begin a wait list
Cornerstone Landing is a smoke free building including vape, tobacco and marijuana – a designated smoking section is provided at the west/end of the property.
We have limited parking, some units will be provided the opportunity for a parking spot for an additional monthly fee. As we have limited space, space for seasonal vehicles won’t be a priority
• Bike Storage
We have a bike storage room in the underground and those without a parking space will have priority in the bike parking as well as units without a patio alternatively if you are a unit with a patio you may store you bike neatly on your patio
• What type of Housing Does Cornerstone Landing Offer?
Cornerstone Landing Offers Affordable and Fair Market Housing.
Are You Eligible for Housing?
Low and Moderate Income Limits:
• In an effort to set all our tenants up for success we must ensure that their income falls within the Housing Income Limits, meaning rent is in the range of 30% of the total household income.
• For residential units with less than two (2) bedrooms, a gross household income that does not exceed the median income for couples without children in B.C., as determined by BC Housing from time to time. For 2021, this figure is $75,730 (compared to $74,150 last year).
• For residential units with two (2) or more bedrooms, a gross household income that does not exceed the median income for families with children in B.C., as determined by BC Housing from time to time. For 2021, this figure is $117,080 (compared to $113,040 last year).
Applicants must have less than $100,000 in household assets.
Assets include, but are not limited to:
• Bank Accounts
• Investments (excluding RRSPs and RESPs)
• Equity in Property
• Equity in Motor Vehicles – First vehicle is exempt, equity in second and subsequent vehicles (current Canadian Red Book value) is included in asset calculation
Similarly to BC Housing- We Must Follow National Occupancy Standards
There shall be no more than 2 or less than 1 person per bedroom.
• Spouses and couples share a bedroom
• Parents do not share a bedroom with children.
• Dependants aged 18 or more do not share a bedroom
• Dependants aged 5 or more of opposite sex do not share a bedroom
• Studios can only be occupied by one person
How much are the rents?
The rents start at:
• 15- Studio Suites Available Starting at $880.00 with 2 of those suites being Accessible
• One Bed Suites Available Starting at $1250.00 with 10 of those being Adaptable
• 17- Two Bed Suites Available Starting at $1430.00
• 5 -Three Bed Suites Available Starting at $1700.00
• 20 Studio suites available for eligible youth/young adult at $375.00
Rents includes water and sewer. Hydro is additional and the suites are heated by hydro.
PLEASE DIRECT ALL QUESTIONS OR SUPPORTING NEEDS TO THE PROPERTY MANAGER: